Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our Students are Listening


Jim Burnett works at Morgan Keegan and volunteers as a class speaker at Advance Memphis on the topic of "Investments". He often speaks at other organizations and schools around Memphis. This week he took a minute to share an observation about Advance Memphis students as compared to others.

“Over the last several weeks I have had the opportunity to speak in front of several groups of people ranging from high school age to early retirement, and economic ranges all over the map. It occurred to me during a few of these talks that some of the most interested of my “captive audiences” were the class members at Advance. While every group had eager listeners and some nappers, it occurred to me that the groups that were the most focused were the ones that had the most to gain…or more importantly…nothing to lose. Those in the middle tended to be “neutral” to financial concerns. I continue to enjoy speaking to the Advance classes as I continue to benefit more from them than the intended…”

Thanks, Jim!