Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22 Update



Katrina is Debt Free - and a Car Owner!
Great news! Jobs for Life grad and IDA participant Katrina Payne (at left) has completed her time in the IDA Program and has used the money she saved, the matching dollars she received, and her income tax return to buy her car and pay off some remaining debt that she had. She is one happy lady! We're so impressed with her dedication to saving, and to paying off debts when she had the opportunity to do so.

Graduation is Friday
Please join us! Friday we'll gather at Streets Ministries at 10:00am (note new grad time) to celebrate another Jobs for Life graduation. These students have faced considerable struggles to make it to their graduation day, and we look forward to rejoicing with them. We'll also take some time to honor the 3 Jobs for Life grads who have received their GED over the last few weeks.

Business as Mission Conference
Independent Presbyterian Church, Second Presbyterian Church and Mission to the World are collaborating to present the upcoming Business as Mission Conference. The conference will take place April 29 and 30 at Independent Pres. This is a great way for business people to learn more about using their skills to contribute to local and global ministries. Go here for more info.

PSALM 3:3-6
But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.