Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Letter from Phyllis

Phyllis, pictured front right, graduated from Jobs for Life
in December, 2011, and now works at Poplar Point
Health and Rehabilitation.

To my Advance Memphis Family and Overcoming Through Christ group,
First, I want to give honor to God and then to you for helping me make a change in my life. Before I came to Advance Memphis, I knew nothing about God’s unconditional love, faith, hope and the encouragement everyone here has given me. I felt at my age, life was over for me. Who would hire me? And who would love me? 
This school has taught me that I've always been loved by God and there is nothing he won’t do for his children. He knew what I needed, that’s why he sent me to Advance. To me you are all Angels sent by God. I just want you to know (teachers and staff) that I am so grateful to you for not giving up on me, also for your teachings and uplifting words. Now I know my past doesn't define who I am. I now have a full time job and benefits!! The courses I took help me to have confidence on my job and to get along well with my co-workers. I've also been getting complimented on my work by my supervisor and the administrator of the facility thanking ME!! for being a part of their family. 
I pray everyday that God will expand this school building [Advance Memphis] because there are so many of me still out there needing your love and encouragement. Even though my off days prevent me from attending my community groups and church the way I want, I wake up every morning with prayer and the reading of God’s word. When I come home I thank God for everything he’s doing in my life. I sit and read and pray because that’s what keeps my battery charged! 
To God we give the Glory,
Phyllis
P.S. Love you and miss you all.